Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Short Day

December 21 -- the shortest day of the year. Of course, here in the Northwest it was grey skies and rain all day so it seemed even shorter! The nice thing is that every day from now on gets longer … and soon it might even be Summer. My daughter in Glasgow was observing the same thing today. I just worked and dealt pretty much non-stop with the administrivia that builds up in my job; she seemed to have some interesting times - even when they aren't all that interesting. Whether we like the days short or long we still only have to live one day at a time (Matt. 6:34: “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.) It also helps to remember that "this is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it -- Psalm 118:24. I'm rejoicing. And I'm reminded that we'll soon have summer.

No comments: